Digital Media Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Digital Media Club

The Digital Media Club for the students of Digital Media at UCF.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iphone Application and other questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hozartis

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Iphone Application and other questions Empty
PostSubject: Iphone Application and other questions   Iphone Application and other questions EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 3:51 am

To get some posts started I was wondering:

Out of curiosity, what programming language does an iphone use?
What is the workflow necessary to create one?
What kind of skills do you need to help with the iphone app you guys are developing?

How would we go about helping to program CSS into the DM website?

If I think of any more question I'll post them.
Back to top Go down
Loraxx753

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Iphone Application and other questions   Iphone Application and other questions EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 2:36 am

Okay let's tackle these one at a time.

iphone uses Objective-C run through Xcode(similar to Cocoa).

First thing you'd need to do is to visit the iphone development center and download the iphone SDK. Might be a good idea to read some of the documentation while you're there since there's a ton of it.

We are in desperate need of programmers who've at least had dealings with Objective-C(or want to deal with Objective-C), since my very brief foray into the iphone SDK counts as all of our collective knowledge. We would also need people who've done (or want to do) skins for google maps.

As for the CSS, head on over to the beta for our site, right click => View Source => then copy/paste all of that into Dreamweaver.

Take a look at what content containers there are and where the various ID's and Classes are located, then download the CSS here. Use this as a template, and either tweak or completely change any of it. Once that's done email us at digitalmclub@gmail.com with the CSS file (name it something other than 'main.css' and any of the source files (such as images for the site). We plan on having a form for this soon, but it's just one of the items on the list we have yet to get to.

If you have any questions or trouble with the CSS (such as not knowing what something means or does, or not knowing how to pull something off you want to do) feel free to email us or ask us in person. We would be glad to help.

We plan on having many many more comments, including a blank css form that you can download, but that will have to be after we finalize the site itself.
Back to top Go down
Hozartis

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Iphone Application and other questions   Iphone Application and other questions EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Thanks for the information! Perhaps in the future I'll look into modifying the website because it ties well into this web course I'm taking. This semester, I don't have the time commitment for the iphone unfortunately.

Good luck with it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iphone Application and other questions   Iphone Application and other questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Iphone Application and other questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Digital Media Club :: The Club-
Jump to: